We are here now, we are light that illuminates the darkness, we are energy of passage, we are explosions in the eyes, in the minds, in the hearts of others
Danilo Santinelli, born in Jesi, Italy, in 1968
Attended the Institute of Art in Ancona. Studied Visual Arts (DAMS) at Bologna University.
His pictorial research began in 1994, a research
focused on the representation of time, how it goes through things and people and how, things and people, they respond to a different temporality.
“Like clouds we are neither a single state nor a single object, but in a constant state of transition. We are here now, we are lights that illuminate the dark, we are passing energy, explosions in the eyes, minds and hearts of others. I want to express this effort and joy of transition in my work.”
In 1999 Santinelli began working as an editorial illustrator. His first publication was in the daily periodical, Il Manifesto.
Freelance since 2000, Santinelli produces illustrations, graphics, adverts, and record sleeves, as well as lecturing.
Now he devotes himself entirely to painting and teaching.
He currently teaches Illustration, History of Art and Visual Perception at ACCA Accademy (formerly International School of Comics), Jesi.
He has taught Cinema, Photography and Television at the Faculty of Economics, Macerata University.
Currently Santinelli has about 500 active publications.
- Palazzo Fruscione, Biennale d'Arte Contemporanea di Salerno
- Premio Istituzionale Tortula de Ruggero
- Palazzo Collicola, Festival dei Due Mondi (Spoleto)
- Galleria 2G (Jesi)
- Galleria Orizzonti (Ostuni)
- Galleria Exhibition Art (Fano)
- Saatchi Art (London)
- Pinacoteca Civica di Jesi
- Palazzo degli Anziani (Ancona)
- Palazzo Bisaccioni - Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Jesi
- Campo delle Fragole (Bologna)
- Sala del Rettorato (Ancona University)
- Festival Inteatro (Polverigi)
- Private collection Enzo Cucchi
Institutions and companies
- Rai Trade (Roma)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Roma)
- National committee for celebrating the bicentenary of the birth of Giuseppe Mazzini (Roma)
- Macerata University
- ACCA Academy (Jesi)
- IMAIE (Institute for the Protection of the Rights of Artists, Roma)
- Autonomous Region of Sardegna
- F.lli Guzzini (Recanati)
- Lega del Filo d’Oro (A national charity for deafblind and multisensory impaired people, Recanati)
- Banca di Credito dei Farmacisti (Jesi)
- Semioculus Magazine (Ukraine)
- The Point Magazine (Chicago)
- Lo Straniero (magazine Roma)
- Il Manifesto (newspaper, Roma)
- Diario della Settimana (magazine, Milano)
- Gruppo Hachette Rusconi (publisher, Milano)
- Cleup Editore (Padova)
- Helbling Languages Editore (Ostra)
- Edizioni Pequod (Ancona)
- Tre Sei Scuola Editore (Camerata Picena)
- Vanni Editore (Collescipoli)
- Gruppo Editoriale Marche (Civitanova Marche)
- Stefano Bollani
- Enrico Rava
- Roberto Gatto
- Phil Woods
- Enrico Pieranunzi
- Renato Sellani
- Lee Konitz
- Chuck Israels
- Franco D’andrea
- Fabrizio Bosso
- Royce Campbell
- Andrea Ceccomori